No need to wait.
With your smartphone and our Bronco Mobile app
, you've already got all of your financial tools, including direct access to your Bronco accounts, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Now, we're giving you one more reason to use your phone. Mobile Deposit is a new feature in our app (available on Android and Apple smartphones) that allows you to take a photo of the front and back of your endorsed paper check and deposit it directly into your Bronco checking or savings account. No more waiting in line at the branch—this can be done right from your living room. And, best of all, Bronco FCU doesn't charge you for using Mobile Deposit.
If you don't have the Bronco Mobile app installed on your smartphone, there's no time like the present! Download it for Android
or Apple iOS
Want to know more about how all this works?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Mobile Deposit Capture?
Mobile Deposit is a remote deposit solution assessed using an Android™ or Apple smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device. Take photos of the front and back of your endorsed check to make deposits into your Bronco account.
2. How much does it cost to use Mobile Deposit?
Bronco does not charge any fees for using Mobile Deposit. However, your mobile service provider may charge you for data plan usage, so check your plan before you start using the service.
3. Am I eligible to use Bronco’s Mobile Deposit?
Members who meet the following criteria are eligible:
4. How do I access Mobile Deposit?
- Have a Primary savings account
- The account must be active and in good standing according to Bronco Federal Credit Union’s Bylaws
- Member must have current information on file
- Check the eligibility criteria for this service to ensure you qualify
- Make sure you are enrolled in Online Banking
- Visit the App Store® or Google Play™ and download the Bronco Mobile App
- Open the app and activate your Mobile Banking access
- Select the Mobile Deposit tab and follow the instructions
If the Mobile Deposit Feature is not available to you, please contact our Member Service Center at 757-569-6000 or 800-662-2328.
5. Are deposits made using Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes. The link between your mobile device and our Mobile Deposit site are encrypted to industry standards. Your scanned check is secure and protected through this link.
6. How should I endorse the check?
You agree to restrictively endorse any item transmitted through the Services as "For Mobile Deposit only, Bronco Federal Credit Union", or as otherwise instructed by Bronco Federal Credit Union. If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, we reserve the right to reject the check for deposit.
7. How many checks can I deposit using Remote Deposit?
You can deposit as many checks as you'd like up to the daily maximum deposit limit. However, you can only deposit one check at a time.
8. Is there a daily maximum deposit amount?
Our current daily deposit limit is $3,000 per day.
9. What should I do if I have a check for an amount that exceeds the limit?
Please visit a Bronco branch or ATM or use US mail to deposit checks written for an amount over your limit.
10. What type of checks can be accepted for deposit?
Checks may be deposited if they are single-party domestic checks made payable to:
11. Are there types of checks that cannot be submitted using Mobile Deposit?
- the owner(s) of the account or
- the name of the business
The following is a list of unacceptable items that may not be deposited using Mobile Deposit:
12. Are there holds placed on my Mobile Deposit?
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you or a joint account holder.
- Checks or items drawn or issued by you or any other person on any of your accounts or any account on which you are an authorized signer or joint holder.
- Checks or items containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn.
- Checks or items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Travelers checks, or Savings Bonds
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulation CC
- Checks that require authorization (Ex: COMCHEKS)
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a mobile deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined by Regulation CC
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this Agreement
- Checks or items that would not be eligible for deposit at Bronco FCU in person, by mail, or at an ATM.
Yes, in some cases. Holds are placed according to our standard hold policy. To check your hold amount if any, look at your available balance after a deposit to see if all of the funds are available. Holds depend on factors such as in or out of state checks, account status and dollar amounts.
13. What types of accounts accept Mobile Deposit?
You may deposit funds to any of your Bronco savings, checking or Money Market accounts.
14. When will my deposited funds be available for use?
In general, if an image of an item you transmit through the Service is received and accepted before 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on a business day that we are open, we consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Please refer to the Funds Availability Policy Disclosure which was provided to you when your account was opened. An additional copy can be obtained from our website: https://www.broncofcu.com/.
15. If I discover I've entered an incorrect amount for a deposited check, should I redeposit the check?
No. The check can only be deposited into Mobile Deposit once. If you entered the check amount incorrectly, please contact Bronco at 757-569-6000.
16. What do I do if my check is rejected in Mobile Deposit?
Please double check the following:
17. How will I know if the deposit was accepted?
- Your check photos are clear and legible; be sure that there are no shadows or wrinkles on the check and the check is not blurry.
- The check is positioned against a dark background.
- The MICR line (the bottom part of the check that includes your account number and financial institution’s routing number) is visible.
- The check number, payee, endorsement, numeric amount, written amount and MICR line are all readable.
A success message will appear in the mobile deposit history on your device. The quickest way to verify your deposit is to review your account history in Online 24 or Mobile Banking once you have the accepted message to see the deposit credited to your account.
18. What should I do with my check after depositing it using Bronco Mobile Deposit?
After your check is scanned, please store your check in a safe place for 30 days or until the deposit appears on your monthly statement and then securely destroy it. Be sure the check is not rescanned or deposited elsewhere. Write “VOID” or “Electronically Presented” on front of the check.
For additional assistance please contact us at (757) 569-6000 or (800) 662-2328. You may also send a secure e-mail to email@example.com
Not yet a member? It's easy. Simply call 757.569.6000 or email us. Already a Bronco member and want to open another account? Call us or come on in and bring your ID.